Saturday, 9 February 2013

Among the Dead! Logo and Merch Design

Well its been a little while since I posted anything in the way of new work on here. Been toiling away at sketchpads and trialling watercolour artwork recently, which if you follow me on Twitter you might have seen, but I think its time I address the situation in the design department, so heres some new work that Ive just finished and is ready for public consumption!

US band Among the Dead got my name from the guys in Marion Crane, another killer band who Ive worked with on logos and cd packaging before, and asked me to create a logo/merch artwork for them. It was a pleasure to work with them and they seem pretty stoked with the final product (as am I) so without further ado...  Behold the results!


I had a few failed attempts at getting a look and feel that I was pleased with, but then I sat down with a couple of movie soundtracks, plenty of mugs of tea and a renewed focus and it all just came together. I had high hopes for it and thankfully the band loved it too which was awesome to hear.

Its amazing what caffeine and an orchestra can do sometimes!



No comments:

Post a Comment